Elizabeth K. Hinson
888-312-7173 (Toll free)
Ms. Hinson joined Nacht Law in August 2011. Ms. Hinson will be sworn into the Michigan State Bar in November 2011.
Ms. Hinson received her B.A. in English from Yale University in 2006 where she was the recipient of the Nakanishi Prize for exemplary leadership in enhancing race/ethnic relations at Yale College during her undergraduate career. She received an M.St. in English and American Studies from the University of Oxford in 2008. Ms. Hinson received a J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School in 2011 where she served as Executive Articles Editor of the Michigan Journal of Race and Law.
During law school, Ms. Hinson worked as a summer associate at Nacht Law. Ms. Hinson also worked as a legal intern at the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. Ms. Hinson also worked as a legal intern at the Southern Poverty Law Center's School to Prison Reform Project in New Orleans, Louisiana. Ms. Hinson participated as a student attorney in the University's Human Trafficking Clinic.
Prior to entering law school, Ms. Hinson worked with the Southern Poverty Law Center in Montgomery, Alabama, as a researcher and paralegal on matters primarily related to education and juvenile justice.
Ms. Hinson is a resident of Ann Arbor.
Year Joined Firm
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- J.D. - 2011
- Law Journal: Michigan Journal of Race and Law, Executive Articles Editor
- University of Oxford
- M.St. - 2008
- Major: English and American Studies
- Yale University
- B.A. - 2006
- Honors: Recipient, Nakanishi Prize - Exemplary Leadership in Enhancing Race/Ethnic Relations
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Michigan State Bar, 2011
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C, Civil Rights Division, Legal Intern
- Southern Poverty Law Center's School to Prison Reform Project in New Orleans, Louisiana, Legal Intern
- Southern Poverty Law Center in Montgomery, Alabama, Researcher/Paralegal