Michigan and Ohio Employment Attorneys Protecting the Rights of Employees and Consumers
At NachtLaw, in Michigan and Ohio, our goal is to preserve fundamental fairness and dignity for individuals, whether in the workplace or in the courts. We stand up against workplace injustice and inequality, and we fight for innocent people wrongly accused of a crime or unfairly treated by the system.
Contact our Michigan and Ohio employment lawyers to arrange an initial consultation.
Employment Law and Employee Rights
We have extensive experience representing employees in the following areas:
- Employment discrimination: We protect employees by addressing employment discrimination and harassment, including family responsibilities discrimination, and sexual orientation discrimination.
- Employee rights: Your employment rights will guide our representation. We help employees bring wage and hour claims, protect their privacy as employees, and understand their rights under federal and state law.We also advise service members, veterans and reservists about their rights.
- Medical leave/disability rights: We enforce the rights of employees under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and other state and federal laws that protect employee medical leave and disability rights.
- Executive compensation: Our experienced Michigan and Ohio employment attorneys assist executives and other highly compensated employees with their specialized compensation packages.
- Employment contracts: We are experienced at negotiating severance agreements and protecting the interests of people who have been wrongfully discharged. We also help terminated employees obtain unemployment benefits and advise them of their rights under a non-compete agreement, confidential clauses or employment contract.
- Whistleblowers and fraud claims: We use the law to protect whistleblowers from retaliation for reporting fraud.
Our labor law attorneys regularly protect the rights of labor unions in administrative hearings, grievance hearings, arbitrations, contract bargaining, and federal court litigation.
Our goal is to preserve relationships through labor arbitration and disputes while ensuring that your best interests are protected.
NachtLaw — By Your Side
From offering discreet advice to handling complex litigation — from counseling employees about their privacy rights and the rights of H1B visa workers to protecting whistleblowers from retaliation — we have the tools to preserve dignity and protect the rights of employees in all types of workplaces.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact us. From offices in Ann Arbor, Traverse City, Birmingham and Toledo, the attorneys of NachtLaw serve communities throughout the states of Michigan and Ohio.