Good Judgment. Wise Counsel. Aggressive Representation.
Amanda M. Ghannam
- Labor and Employment Law 80%
- Civil Rights Law 20%
Amanda M. Ghannam is an attorney proudly representing workers in employment disputes, whistleblowers, survivors of sexual abuse, and victims of police misconduct in negotiations and lawsuits in state and federal court. Amanda specializes in advocacy for clients experiencing discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in the workplace. She has secured numerous settlements for clients who were wrongfully terminated and has a record of success defending employees accused of breaching non-competition agreements.
Amanda also has years of experience representing victims and survivors of sexual assault, abuse, and harassment, including with cases involving former Olympic sports doctor Larry Nassar. Amanda approaches her cases with a combination of expertise, compassion, and fierce advocacy to help her clients obtain not just compensation, but accountability and closure.
In 2020, Amanda and her co-counsel obtained a historic federal restraining order injunction prohibiting the Detroit Police Department from using excessive force against Black Lives Matter protestors. The case, Detroit Will Breathe, et al. v. City of Detroit, et al., resulted in a $1.03-million-dollar judgment in favor of Amanda's clients.
Amanda earned her Juris Doctor with a specialization in Labor, Work, and Income from Northeastern University School of Law in Boston, Massachusetts. During her time at Northeastern, she worked at the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, interned for the Eastern District of Michigan's Honorable Victoria Roberts, and clerked at two Boston labor and employment firms.
Amanda joined NachtLaw in 2018 and manages the firm's Detroit office.
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Juris Doctor - 2018
- Major: Labor, Work, and Income
- University of Michigan-Dearborn, Dearborn, Michigan
- B.A. - 2014
- Honors: With High Distinction
- Major: Political Science
Year Joined Firm
- Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination
- Honorable Victoria A. Roberts at the District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan in Detroit, Law Clerk
- Sandulli Grace P.C., Law Clerk
- Hirsch Roberts Weinstein L.L.P., Law Clerk
- State Bar Labor and Employment Section
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Women’s Law Association of Michigan
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- National Arab American Bar Association, Michigan Chapter – Committee Member
Current Employment Position
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- 2022 Outstanding Young Lawyer Award - Barristers One to Watch