Good Judgment. Wise Counsel. Aggressive Representation.
Noah S. Hurwitz is a trusted advisor and advocate for clients looking to remain on the right side of the law. Mr. Hurwitz utilizes his experience as a former partner of a national law firm and in-house counsel for America's largest mortgage lender to counsel businesses and employees on a vast array of employment law issues. Mr. Hurwitz regularly advises on employment agreements, restrictive covenants, discrimination, whistleblowing, misappropriation of trade secrets, risk management, wage and hour law, handbook policies, and employee benefits. He is also a seasoned litigator in state and federal courts throughout Michigan and has successfully litigated matters involving the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Mr. Hurwitz is an expert in appellate law, having argued appeals before the Michigan Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Mr. Hurwitz gives back to the business community by regularly presenting on employment law issues to organizations throughout Michigan and by serving as a mediator of commercial and employment law cases for the Washtenaw County Case Evaluation Program. He is recognized in Michigan Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star for Business Litigation, Employment & Labor, and Civil Litigation Defense. Aside from counseling his clients, Mr. Hurwitz enjoys exploring his native Ann Arbor community with his wife and sons.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2010
- Honors: cum laude
- James Madison College at Michigan State University
- B.A. - 2003
- United States District Courts, Northern District of Illinois, Judicial Intern
- Eastern District of Louisiana, Judicial Intern
- State Bar of Michigan - Character and Fitness Committee; Civil Litigation Section
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association – Section of Labor and Employment Law
Current Employment Position
- Senior Counsel
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Recognized in Michigan Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star for Business Litigation, Employment & Labor, and Civil Litigation Defense, 2013-Present
- As the Question of Employee Rights Surrounding COVID-19 Comes Into Play