Mr. Michaels joined Nacht Law in 2014 following his graduation from the University of Michigan Law School. At Michigan, Mr. Michaels received his J.D. Magna Cum Laude, served as Contributing Editor of The Michigan Law Review, and received the ABA/BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor Law. During law school, he clerked for the UAW legal department in Detroit, interned for Member Sharon Block of the National Labor Relations Board in Washington, D.C., and clerked for the law firm of Sachs Waldman, P.C. in Detroit. He practices primarily in the areas of labor, employment, and civil rights law.
Prior to law school, Mr. Michaels worked as a Statewide Organizer for the Civil Service Employees Association, AFSCME Local 1000, in New York State, after completing an internship in the Strategic Research and Corporate Affairs department at AFSCME, International in Washington D.C.
Born and raised in Lansing to a four-generation union family, his passion and commitment to the rights of working men and women run deep. Mr. Michaels began his education at Lansing Community College, and later transferred to Wayne State University in Detroit. At Wayne State, he earned his B.A., cum laude, in labor studies and economics, worked at the University's Labor Studies Center, and completed his Organizing Institute Apprenticeship with the AFL-CIO.
Mr. Michaels is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, and is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- Employment Law
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney
- UAW legal department in Detroit, Intern
- Sharon Block of the National Labor Relations Board, Member
- Sachs Waldman, P.C., Clerk
- Statewide Organizer for the Civil Service Employees Association, AFSCME Local 1000
- Strategic Research Corporate Affairs department at AFSCME, International in Washington D.C., Intern
- Labor Studies Center, Wayne State University
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: ABA/BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor La
- Lansing Community College
- Wayne State University, Detroit
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Organizing Institute Apprenticeship with the AFL-CIO
- Major: Labor Studies
- Major: Economics
- Michigan, 2014
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2015
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 2015
- Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Stars; Employment Litigation, Plaintiff