In this double-feature workshop, learn the insight and understanding you need to make disability work for your business.
Disability Awareness and Understanding
Presented by Disability Consultants Tom Hoatlin and Carolyn Grawi
Whether you serve customers, have employees, or perhaps are not aware of hidden disabilities among your clientele, this workshop is for you! In this dynamic and fun presentation, learn how to make sure your business is disability-friendly.
Through multi-media training, learn how to:
- Anticipate disability issues
- Appropriately interact with people with disabilities
- Recognize architectural barriers that prevent people with disabilities from using your business
The ADA – What Your Business Needs to Know
Presented by Attorneys Angela Walker and David Blanchard
Save money and avoid disputes – Handle requests for accommodations and other disability issues with confidence and understanding. Learn: The nuts and bolts of federal and state disability laws
- How to avoid common mistakes in responding to requests for accommodations
- What medical information you are entitled to, and how to ask for it
- How to effectively use public resources to cut costs and develop best practices.