Good Judgment. Wise Counsel. Aggressive Representation.
Grace Cathryn Cretcher
- Employment & Labor Law
- Civil Rights
She has 8 years of litigation experience, both representing clients in federal and state cases in New York and New Jersey and advising attorneys and firms nationwide on federal litigation matters. She is particularly proud to have represented the plaintiffs in Krupa et al. v. Badolato et al., a case before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, which prompted New Jersey to extend its mandated insurance coverage for infertility treatment to women without male partners.
Grace is a former federal law clerk for Judge Timothy S. Black of U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio. Of note is her work on the Judge's landmark opinions declaring unconstitutional Ohio's refusal to grant same-sex marriages or recognize those from other states, which were ultimately sustained nationwide by the U.S. Supreme Court in Obergefell v. Hodges.
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: cum laude
- New York University, New York, New York
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Beranbaum Menken LLP, Associate Attorney
- Honorable Timothy S. Black of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, Law Clerk
- “Freedom of Expressive Association and Discrimination on the Basis of Sexual Orientation,” , 2011
- “New Families, Old Roles: Gay Parenting and Childhood Gender Socialization,” , 2007
- New York Bar Association, Member
- National Employer Lawyers Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York