Helping Employees Protect Their Rights
A workplace should be a safe environment. When an employee is wrongfully terminated, harassed or discriminated against, they often have legal options for holding their employer accountable. An experienced attorney can often help an individual seek compensation for illegal mistreatment in the workplace.
At NachtLaw, P.C., our goal is to preserve fundamental fairness and dignity for Ann Arbor individuals, whether in the workplace or in the courts. We stand up against workplace injustice and inequality, and we fight for innocent people wrongly accused of a crime or unfairly treated by the system.
Assisting Individuals With An Array Of Issues
Employment law can cover a range of legal issues. Our firm has the experience necessary to aid our clients in many of these complex areas, including:
- Employment discrimination: We protect employees by addressing employment discrimination and harassment, including family responsibilities discrimination and sexual orientation discrimination.
- Employee rights: Your employment rights will guide our representation. We help employees bring wage and hour claims, protect their privacy as employees and understand their rights under federal and state law. We also advise service members, veterans and reservists about their rights.
- Medical leave/disability rights: We enforce the rights of employees under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and other state and federal laws that protect employee medical leave and disability rights.
- Executive compensation: Our experienced employment attorneys assist executives and other highly compensated employees with their specialized compensation packages.
- Employment contracts: We are experienced at negotiating severance agreements and protecting the interests of people who have been wrongfully discharged. We also help terminated employees obtain unemployment benefits and advise them of their rights under a noncompete agreement, confidential clauses or employment contract.
- Whistleblowers and fraud claims: We use the law to protect whistleblowers from retaliation for reporting fraud.
From offering discreet advice to handling complex litigation — from counseling employees about their privacy rights and the rights of H1B visa workers to protecting whistleblowers from retaliation — we have the tools to preserve dignity and protect the rights of employees in all types of workplaces.
A Firm That Understands Labor Law
Our labor law attorneys regularly protect the rights of labor unions in administrative hearings, grievance hearings, arbitrations, contract bargaining and federal court litigation.
Our goal is to resolve disputes while preserving relationships, often through labor arbitration, and ensuring that your best interests are protected.
We Are Ready To Help
If you would like to learn more information about what NachtLaw, P.C., can do for you, call us today at 888-312-7173. You can also arrange for a consultation by contacting us via email.