When The Police Need To Be Policed
Law enforcement officers are sworn to serve and protect citizens, act with professionalism, uphold the Constitution of the United States and keep communities safe. We all know that some officers do their jobs well, while others abuse their power, sometimes with fatal consequences. When the police fail to police themselves, people get hurt. If law enforcement officers have violated your legal rights or brutalized one of your loved ones, the pain and frustration can dominate your thoughts and feelings. It can help to talk to an experienced civil rights attorney about what options you have. You may be able to bring a lawsuit against the party responsible for the abuse or injury.
Working For Justice | Helping Victims Of Wrongdoing By Law Enforcement
NachtLaw is a law firm committed to protecting the rights of people from all walks of life. Our attorneys work for justice and equal treatment of citizens under the law. We can answer important questions like:
- What can I do if I or one of my family members was targeted by police because of our race or ethnicity?
- I believe I was the subject of an illegal traffic stop. What can I do about that?
- What is the definition of false arrest or false imprisonment?
- Will it help if I have video footage of an incident involving police?
- How do I deal with a false accusation such as resisting arrest or assaulting an officer?
- What if I was illegally detained by police?
- What if I was denied medical treatment while in police custody?
- How can I prove that police physically abused me or a loved one?
- What if the police violated my Miranda rights or wouldn’t allow me to speak to a lawyer?
- Why is it so hard to bring criminal charges against officers who have committed criminal acts?
- If my case is winnable, how much compensation might I receive if I win?
Every case is different. It is not always possible to bring a lawsuit against a municipality or law enforcement agency, but you won’t know unless you seek proper advice from a lawyer.