Solving Complex Problems Involving Executive Pay
Executive compensation can involve a complicated mixture of salary, equity, options and other elements. The stakes can be high, and neither side wants to suffer a loss, so it is not uncommon for problematic relations to develop between executives and their employers. It is essential for you to have proper legal representation if you are involved in a dispute that carries potential for harm to your career and your reputation. As a valuable employee, you may need knowledgeable counsel regarding executive compensation if you are evaluating a new opportunity, switching positions or trying to negotiate your way out of a deadlock. Our firm can help in these matters.
Effective Advocates For Resolving Compensation Disputes
The attorneys of NachtLaw based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, advise and represent executives and business leaders in a variety of industries throughout Michigan and Ohio. In the area of executive employment law, our experience includes strategic planning, contract drafting and review, negotiation and litigation. We can answer important questions like:
- How can I structure the best possible compensation package with my new employer?
- What is the best mix of salary, bonus structure, benefits, stock options and different types of equity?
- Can you help me maximize the signing bonus I receive?
- I am being terminated. How can I develop an exit strategy that sets me up for success in the near future?
- How can I negotiate the best possible severance package for myself? What will a “golden parachute” mean in my case?
- I don’t want to gain a reputation for being a troublemaker, but I believe I am being treated unfairly. Can I hire an attorney to fight on my behalf?
- Is litigation the only way to resolve this dispute? What alternatives do I have?
- Who should I talk to about the tax implications of my compensation package?